Oifig An Chigire Príosún /
Office of the Inspector of Prisons
Welcome to the website of the Office of the Inspector of Prisons.
The Office of the Inspector of Prisons is a statutory, independent office established under the Prisons Act, 2007.
The key role assigned to the Inspector is to carry out regular inspections of the 14 Prisons in the State and to present his report(s) on each institution inspected as well as an Annual Report to the Minister for Justice and Equality.
- 25/07/2016 Report into the Death of Prisoner K - 2015
- 08/06/2016 Review, Evaluation and Analysis of the Operation of the present Irish Prison Service Complaints Procedure
- 04/05/2016 Death of Prisoner G in 2015
- 01/05/2016 Death of Prisoner F on 8 May 2015
- 12/06/2015 Omnibus report of investigations into the deaths of prisoners
- More Publications....